Ceeboy14 Here

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am such a slug...I never introduced myself, or made a formal entry into your forum. I just barged in like a bull with too much room to blunder about. Sorry, it was a bit rude of me. Now, after a week or two of wandering about your forums threads, putting in my two-cents here and there, interacting with a few folks, posting some decent, some meh stuff, I will endeavor from this point on to be more genteel, be less of a thread hog and take my time blundering onward and upward.

I am a retired high school art/photography/film (video-production taught as a film class) teacher, former professional film photographer (35mm - 4x5) who shot what he was told to shoot - mostly school pictures, sports teams, lots of big machines and more than my fair share of el cheapo weddings. I have also worked in the publishing arena as a culling reader - still do to a much lesser degree and I am quite enamored with Mini Coopers - I own two. I have only been seriously shooting a DSLR since November of 2010 when I got my Nikon D7000 with the standard 18-105 kits lens, Since then, I've acquired a nifty 50 1.8, 35 1.8, 100mm Tokina Macro, 55-300mm zoom and just sold my 24-70 2.8 to acquire a 70-200 2.8 with a 1.7 teleconverter. I am really looking forward to learning to use that lens.

Most days, I shoot early and late, play with some alternative processes (Salt, PT/PD, Ziatype, some Gum Bichromate and dink about with Cyanotype), do post production work, edit images, read a good book, occasionally channel surf, eat, sleep and I have a lot of fun. Hey, I'm retired; everyday is Saturday!

Thanks, belatedly for allowing me to join your merry little group of photographers.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Would you further care to explain what brought about your screenname?
(Interesting to see that you are the kind of teacher my daughter looked for in college - and found, mind - in the one year she's spent there, though in California).

I just barged in like a bull with too much room to blunder about. Sorry, it was a bit rude of me.

You've probably already noticed the general level of barging and bulling around here. No one noticed yours, or if they did, thought nothing of it. Welcome to the asylum!

I think you fit in nicely! Looks like you are bringing a wonderful set of knowledge with you, looking forward to getting to know you better!

Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Would you further care to explain what brought about your screenname?
(Interesting to see that you are the kind of teacher my daughter looked for in college - and found, mind - in the one year she's spent there, though in California).

My Screen name...I once had a girlfriend who always cooed to me and using my first initial of my name, she would say..."Ceeboy, come over here and tell me how much you love me." She died recently and to honor her memory, I took this name. The 14 is my birthday.

My Screen name...I once had a girlfriend who always cooed to me and using my first initial of my name, she would say..."Ceeboy, come over here and tell me how much you love me." She died recently and to honor her memory, I took this name. The 14 is my birthday.

Awww. That is nice.

Welcome to the site.

Awww. That is nice.

I had known her since 1958. We stayed close friends all that time. She developed MS after her first grandchild was born and made it until his fifth birthday. I think in my heart, she will always be my first love.

Well, I'm sorry for your loss of someone special. I think anyone can relate to that. I have to say I am glad to hear that the screenname is an inclusion of your birthday and not your age. Although young people are welcome here, as far as I know, the quality of the discourse in vastly improved with age I think. Glad to meet you, regardless.

Awww. That is nice.

I had known her since 1958. We stayed close friends all that time. She developed MS after her first grandchild was born and made it until his fifth birthday. I think in my heart, she will always be my first love.

Aww, that is SOOO sweet!

I am such a slug...I never introduced myself, or made a formal entry into your forum. I just barged in like a bull with too much room to blunder about.
Yep, and we noticed and have been waiting for this apology, too! :x

:lol: Guess you've figured out already we're a pretty laid back bunch, for the most part. I've looked at some of your stuff and am happy to have you on board - nice to see more alt stuff, in particular.

I am sorry for your recent loss of someone who sounds very special. :heart: With your user name we can all help honor her memory.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back