Celebrities wearing red noses

ThomThomsk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Walking along the south bank yesterday, taking photos of the Millenium Wheel, I heard shouting and then noticed loads of flashguns going off. I had stumbled across the launch of Comic Relief 2007, an annual charity event that raises around £60 million ($US 120 million) a year for 3rd world development projects, much of it through the sale of red clown's noses.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting these shots isn't so much because I think they are technically good (which they aren't), but that they made me realise how difficult it is to get great images, even at a staged press event like this. Non-UK readers probably won't know any of these people, but they include some A-list British comedians.

1. This is a pretty big deal here - look at the size of the pack of press photographers:

376360307_7e27a60d5b_o.jpg

2. When I got there the pack were screaming at Russell Brand, the guy with the big hair. To his left is Lenny Henry, who leads the whole Comic Relief thing:

376360308_747d0c4c49_o.jpg

3. Here's Lenny Henry and Davina McCall. Someone's nice Canon 'L' lense in the shot - I didn't even see it at the time:

376360309_f574628265_o.jpg

4. Lenny and Davina again, a long shot this time:

376360310_1c5d05504b_o.jpg

5. Jennifer Saunders, acting partner of Dawn French (Lenny Henry's wife) and married to Adrian Edmondson (all my shots of him were out of focus):

376360311_71e25fa053_o.jpg

I've never seen anything like this before, let alone had the chance to take photos, and it was a useful lesson in things like framing and making sure you know what is in your shot (much of which I got spectacularly wrong). I can see why the professionals keep shooting non-stop.

Wow, for such a busy place I think you did really well. Anyone else would have been lucky to get anything in focus.

Thank you both for your comments! It was surprising how close you could get to the action, and as a novice I found the whole thing tremdously exciting.

I think you did quite well concidering how many people will have been there. Despite the camera on the edge of the 3rd, thats a really great shot, my favourite out of the bunch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back