Cell phone as scanner requires Tripod

bob2007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I've done a lot of researching online and ebay. I can't find a tripod that works for sure - to use my cell phone as scanner ( documents)

Please let me know, what specific gadgets I might need to know / lingo.

I see tripods on ebay for under 10 bucks, I donno if they are sturdy enough. For the additional attachments. I'm also concerned that if the tripod has legs that will interfere with the paper put beneath it. Or if I need some long rod to extend.

thx!

How will you attach the cell phone to a tripod?

I've never had a cell phone with a 1/4-20 threaded socket on it. I've used masking tape once or twice, but if you're going to do that, you can tape your phone to anything - it doesn't have to be a tripod.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I've never had a cell phone with a 1/4-20 threaded socket on it. I've used masking tape once or twice, but if you're going to do that, you can tape your phone to anything - it doesn't have to be a tripod.

There are plenty of adapters and DIY case modes that will let you attach a cell phone to a tripod.

There are plenty of adapters and DIY case modes that will let you attach a cell phone to a tripod.
But are they cheaper than a roll of tape? :lol:

But are they cheaper than a roll of tape? :lol:

I made one from and old case and a couple bits from the hardware store. Cost probably about as much as a roll of tape and MUCH more solid then tape.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the galaxy s4 and use an app called camscanner. Cost me a dollar to buy but I don't need a tripod or etc to scan docs...and I just refinanced my house with the bank across the country and never faxed a single doc- it was all scanned and emailed

May be worth looking into

Most reactions

New Topics

Back