Cell Phone Camera Box

bigbeard86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I need help finding a cellphone camera holder that will allow me to place my camera screen side-up, with the rear camera pointing straight down. I need to take photos of things that will be flat on my table. Any suggestions? A box is preferable, this way I can place objects in the same position

It would seem easier and cheaper to use a sturdy cardboard box, tape/glue some small blocks on the top for alignment and then cut a hole for the lens and flash.
If you plan to use external flash, you could use a plastic milk case , reinforce the top with a plywood top, cut out everything on the sides except the corners (lots of strength isn't needed), cover the sides with thin white cloth to diffuse flash, then tape/glue some small blocks on the top for alignment and then cut a hole for the lens and flash.

I was actually looking at something like this: Scandock Scanner | PrintingNews.com

Price is not an issue; we need this for a lab, and want to have it on our benchtops. Unfortunately the ScanDock is no longer produced - seems like the company went out of business.

I haven't heard of any equivalent but a jig this simple could be fabbed easily in any university workshop.

I was actually looking at something like this: Scandock Scanner | PrintingNews.com

Price is not an issue; we need this for a lab, and want to have it on our benchtops. Unfortunately the ScanDock is no longer produced - seems like the company went out of business.

Well, I like good software, but I don't understand, why you should pay for that, what you can take free? Bluestacks - is great choise for you in your situation

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back