Cementary

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok. so here's a bit of Polish tradition of celebrating the 1 November. People visit the graves on cementaries... I know nothing original. But this year the weather was fantastic, and of course I took my cam with me. I'm still a bit ill, and I went there with an extreme cold, but I was able to take a few pictures... I dunno why but I had to straighten all of them... :p maybe it was beacause of cold...:p

People wandering there. The cementary here is third largest in Europe and is one of the most beautiful places in Poland. actually it is a huuuuuge park... I've never managed to walk from one end to the second... it takes a few hours...
DSCF9193.jpg

I don't like this photo but I thought that it might be interesting on one hand...
DSCF9200.jpg

DSCF9203.jpg

if you look closer you can see old German graves under the beautiful yellow tree
DSCF9211.jpg

DSCF9217.jpg

this is also a part of the cementary....
DSCF9224.jpg

and there's a chapel...
DSCF9226.jpg

DSCF9227.jpg

DSCF9230.jpg

all the pics taken in raw, then converted to jpeg. comments as always appreciated :p OTE

#2 & 4 are my favorites, but all are very nice and make a nice series. Alos I have to straighten most of my shots by 1 or 2 degrees[font=&quot] [/font]

Wow. Mentos. What a great series. Very well composed. I love all of these images. I know why I love cemteries so much... My Dad was Polish. :lol:

Great job Mentos. !!

Very beautiful, very warm autumny colours showing in a lot of them, I think they're lovely :)

ahh mentos they're lovely. I think the shadows in the first one really make it!

The yellow tree is a very gorgeous shot and has gorgeous colours!
I can't pick a favourite,,, but the fountain one with the silhouettes is really moving.

Gorgeous work.
hehe can I say gorgeous once more please? gorgeous!

Very cool shots. Wonder if that's where the SouthEastern US tradition of "decoration" and "homecoming" comes from? Once a year each church/cemetary holds a day where everyone returns to their childhood church and puts flowers on the graves of relatives.

Bettybooty: they were taken in Stettin (Szczecin) it is North Westpart of Poland... 8km from the Polish-German border, where I live.

Photo Gal: actually it was not very cold outside... I had a cold :p and probably a fever, so everything seemed to beextremely cold :p

Chiller: I didn't know that! Nice to hear that you have Polish roots :)

LizM: yes, this is the same... maybe it camefrom PL??? :D:D:D

All: thanks a lot for comments :D

Most reactions

Back