cemetery....

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
some of cementary pics....uhhhh...it's gettin ' cold.... :)
smc2.jpg

smc4.jpg

smc5.jpg

c33.jpg

c44.jpg

c77.jpg

c444.jpg

c666.jpg

sm3.jpg

i think its too much.... :)

I like 2 & 4 best, although I think #2 could really benefit from more contrast.

Giving this one a B&W treamtment wouldn't hurt either, since the colors are kind of flat anyway.

I very much like the mood you have captured.

Something that I noticed that I would change is that the subject is in the very center of the frame for a lot of the images. While it's not an absolute rule, putting the focus at a third division line often results in a more satisfying composition.

That old rusty fence, photographed in those very sublte colours - wow! I just LOVE that one! Even though that special photo would not necessarily need to have been taken on a cemetary ... and I like the first and am happy about what little colour there is in the first, with the pale sun shining through the trees.

All in all, b+w is very befitting the theme, I do agree here.
But with this very collection, those two coloured ones (and the colours are not particularly LOUD, which I like so) speak to me most.

On a side note, Anja: your title made me stop for a while and wonder, and I, indeed, had to take out my dictionary to check, for I was completely confused for a while - but it is, in fact "cemetary" without the "n", and has nothing to do with "cement" (;););)) - even though the tombstones might suggest something like that (;););)).

Great stuff Anua!
Obviously I prefer the colored ones but they're all really neat.
Strange places you have there, almost like living in a real life version of a movie studio.

On a side note, Anja: your title made me stop for a while and wonder, and I, indeed, had to take out my dictionary to check, for I was completely confused for a while - but it is, in fact "cemetary" without the "n", and has nothing to do with "cement" (;););)) - even though the tombstones might suggest something like that (;););)).
[/quote]

thanks la Foto, now its fixed!
..my english is not good, especially at late night... :D

WoW...nice shots especially the B&Ws...

I love this mode very much..............the world of deaths :(

Cemeteries are always interesting locations. Black and white always adds drama, but I prefer the color frames. The low angle shots seem to have the most appeal for me. If you can go back figure out a time when the light is hitting the cemetery. Or night shots of course are very creepy.

My father born in Poland in 1917 all his family been killed by the natzies,

he came to Israel in 1949 and he still alive in the Holly land.

Thank you for sharing your photos they mean alot to me.

AR

Being into genealogy, I have a 'thing' for cemeteries. These are wonderful - I like them all, but # 4 is my favorite, but I am partial to B/W.

I was wondering, do you know how old this cemetery is?

Excellent pics.!!! Cemeteries are one of my favorite places to take pictures. I love the mood you have captured. Cant pick a fav...I like them all.
Carl

Most reactions

Back