CF Card Advice...

Groupcaptainbonzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have just unwrapped my shiney new EOS 5D MkII. (I could go on about it all day),
With it I bought a SanDisk Extreme 60 Mb/S 8 Gb CF card. I chose SanDisk because in MY opinion you just can't get any better.
And I chose 8 Gb 60 Mb/S after a phone call to Canon asking there advice.

I am now thinking of a couple of "Back up" cards and think that I should go for 2 X 4 Gb (They seem big enough for my requirements, and if something tragic happens I have only lost 4 Gb of date..

Has anyone with experience of this set up got any advice about the speed of the card I should be getting. (The guy at Canon was a really nice lad, but gave me the impression that his idea of a "Prpoer camera was something his girlfriend could put in her clutch bag...)

cheers folks Tim H.

I use Sandisk only as well. Never had any issues. I run 8GB cards in all of my camera bodies. Extreme III model cards. Work great with the 5DII! If you shoo RAW or RAW+JPEG, 8GB is my happy medium. Not too big, not too small. 5DII files are HUGE!

I picked up a PNY 8GB for a good price but I prefer Sandisk. The speed of the card will let you shoot bursts allowing the card to save quickly. If they are fairly inexpensive I would stick with the 8GB vs 4 and buy a few. On my camera, shooting Jpeg fine, large image will give me 1000 images on the card, when it was set for Jpeg normal, large image it was 2,100 images; in RAW it goes down to 521 images. Having all that space is a good idea when a download may not be possible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back