CF Card Issues

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently was out taking photos I reviewed all the images on the camera screen and they looked fine. I put my CF card into my CPU and a lot of the thumbnails are all chopped up some look like the colors have been inversed as well. Some of the photos did not even transfer onto my PC. Also when I open some in Nikon capture they look fine at first however after Capture processes the image some have lines running horizontally through them. The lines are clearly not from the lens they look like static from a tv set only they have a little color to them. I assume this is a problem with my CFcard, the odd thing is this only happened to a handful of photos.. Is it the card or something else. By the way I did transfer some of the files from the card to a portable hard drive and then loaded them onto my PC. My card is a Calumet brand card, probably not the best, should I stickwith scandisk or do CF cards sometimes fail. I have been using a D50 for a while with and SD card and never had any problems like this. Any info on CF cards or common probems with them would be appreciated.

CF cards always fail. Sandisc is no more reliable than any other brand. It's a fundemental limit of flash memory. Sandisc has the advantage that it ships with recovery software. If the card is at fault see if you can copy the images from it again. If not local photo stores can often recover the data for a small fee.

Most reactions

Back