CF Memory card says FULL

LFPhotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a 64 GB Compact Flash memory card in my Nikon D300. The LCD on camera says FULL even though there is no content. I've tried to reformat the card in camera several times but no change. How do I fixit?

That is an older camera.
64GB cards probably weren't around back then.

Do you get this problem on smaller cards ?
Maybe the brand/model you are using isn't supported.

I recall my d70 wouldn't take modern larger GB cards
So check your manual on what cards are supported, and that's probably the limit on storage for them.

Last edited:
Looks like 8GB is the maximum supported but you may be able to use a 16GB and get 16GB storage. It all depends upon if it recognizes it totally.

here's from
Approved Memory Cards - D300 | Nikon Knowledgebase

SanDisk
Extreme IV SDCFX4 8 GB
4 GB
2 GB
Extreme III SDCFX3 8 GB
4 GB
2 GB
1 GB
Ultra II SDCFH 8 GB
4 GB
2 GB
1 GB
Standard SDCFB 4 GB
2 GB
1 GB

That is an older camera.
64GB cards probably weren't around back then.

I recall my d70 wouldn't take modern larger GB cards
So check your manual on what cards are supported, and that's probably the limit on storage for them.

I put a 16GB card in the D70 I just bought. 4.7k photos is what it shows on the LCD. I couldn't imagine a 64.

On a side note, my D750 only does about 500 photos on a 32GB card. Needless to say 12TB of new HDDs are in my future.

I have a 64 GB Compact Flash memory card in my Nikon D300. The LCD on camera says FULL even though there is no content. I've tried to reformat the card in camera several times but no change. How do I fixit?

Buy a D750?

1. As Astro said - drop down to a smaller CF
2. RTFM
3, have fun once you've sorted it out.

I use 16gb CF's in my D200 cameras, almost 1000 RAW. I think the D200 largest size is 32gb and that should be the same as the D300 as they are both FAT32, the D300s can go to 64gb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back