CF Memory Cards

RainNotebook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to invest in several memory cf cards. I will be doing work with them at weddings and such so I will need a fairly fast card. I know I want several smaller cards than one large one but I'm lost at what companies are good companies.

Does it really matter that much or are there companies you want to stick with, because they are more reliable?

Such as
Lexar
Sandisk
Panasonic or such.

I really appreciate any recommendations!

I have had a sandisk and been happy with it so far... I had a Lexar take a crap (not sure if its screwed up for life) so that part of digital photography makes me VERY nervous.

I also was wondering what speed you would recommend.

I shoot weddings with Ultra II from Sandisk and they have always worked fine for me.
I use 4 gig cards, I carry at least 6 of them and a couple 2 gig.

I use Sandisk Ultra II and Extreme III cards. They both work very well. The Extreme III cards are faster but it's really only noticeable when reviewing images on the LCD screen or when uploading.

... I had a Lexar take a crap (not sure if its screwed up for life) so that part of digital photography makes me VERY nervous.

Me too......

If you bought it within the past five years, Lexar will replace it. Give them a call for an RMA #.:thumbup:

Thanks EVERYONE for all your help!!

PNA, I will check into that! Thanks again!

I use SanDisk Extreme III 4GB -- They've worked fine until now -- but now I've probably jinxed them

I was taught not to get too big a card -- that limits how much you can lose at a shot if it does go bad.

I have used all different kinds of brands over the years. I've almost never had a problem - and when I did, it was with a lexar. If I was buying based on brand, I'd be looking at Sandisk and Lexar... and seeing as the rare problem I've had was with a good name, I tend to discount names.

I go to NewEgg and buy based on specs, for the most part. I want the best value for the money, and a card that isn't a complete gamble that no one has heard of...

It'll probably be awhile before I buy another Sandisk product.

When I bought my camera I saw they had rebates on the Sandisk cards, so I purchased a 4GB Extreme III for $58 assuming I'd recieve $20 back. Long story short: I mailed everything in, they lost the UPC, when I asked about it they told me to send them a copy of the UPC. It also took them nearly a week to respond to me.

Sandisk makes good cards, but I'm just baised against them for bad service.

Most reactions

Back