Chair. C&C please

I like it.

Have you tried metering for the window and bounce the flash off of the wall behind or ceiling? I think that would create a more balanced exposure.

Unfortunately i do not currently own an external flash :(

Tried to take all tips into consideration. :thumbup:? :thumbdown:?

5906951770_fafb5d6414_z.jpg

Note: i edited this with maximum brightness on my MacbookPro, not sure if it will seem underexposed on some monitors.

Im working on getting more in depth into exposer, trying to balance out the highs and lows of shots to get less washed out and under exposed areas. I know a lot of you may not like the subject/composition.. i expect a few .."yep, It's a chair alright" replies and thats fine. I personally like the shot, for some reason empty chairs intrigue me (a bit odd i know) but please let me know how "technically correct" this shot is. I used Aperture to do some edits.50 1.8 prime, @4.0. 1/15 ISO 100 . If you'd like to comment on other aspects, thats surely not a problem :thumbup:
5906170454_c495496b6f_z.jpg
awesome!

Thoughts on the edit anyone?

The edit is much better, we now see some detail from outside but it's still a bit washed out. I don't find the interior underexposed, after all, the interior of a room is naturally a bit darker than outside on a bright day.

I like most of the changes on the edit, but I have to admit that the thing I like about the composition in the original is the window taking up the left side of the frame without the curtain. It unbalances the photo in a good way, seperating light and dark and gives more emotion to the chair. I think you could crop some off the top and the left side to give that look on the new edit though.

Yeah I hear you. When I was comparing them I did like the composition a bit better. I'll try a crop.

Most reactions

Back