Challenge Air: My first event

Campbell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. Every year an event is held at a local airport called "Challenge Air". It is a nationwide program that lets volunteer pilots take mentally and physically handicapped kids and adults up in their Cessna airplanes. What makes it so fun is the pilots let the children have the opportunity to guide the plane in mid-flight. You wouldn't believe how excited and appreciative the children are when they get off the plane, it's a pretty awesome thing to see. This year I was given the chance to be the event photographer, and after each person got off the plane I would get a shot of them with their parents and the pilot. There were about 140 kids, so I was running around the tarmac all day- it was exhausting. Here are just a few of the shots I got and thought I would share. Nothing fantastic, I was in such a rush going from plane to plane and making sure I got everyone that I couldn't really worry too much about little details.

Before the hanger was opened and everyone was still inside:

What kept me running:

A clown for the kids did face painting and games:

Participants after getting off their planes:

This kid was having so much fun he didn't want to get off the plane :lol:

And as the day wound down:

Thanks for looking :)

Nice photos Campbell! Challenge Air sounds like a great program. The FBO I work at hosted the Cessna Citation Special Olympics Airlift 2 times now, and it is great to see the excitement in the athlete's eyes. Sounds like Challenge Air had a similar feel.

BTW - I really like the first pic of the Cirrus. I just wish the golf carts weren't in the background. Good Job.

Man I loooove red bull. Never tried the sugarless tho.

Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back