CHALLENGE: Restoration of Family Heirloom

Shuter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All, This is my first time posting on TPF although I have been an avid reader for quite awhile. I am just starting out with my photography and photoshop skills and thought I would ask for some help. I have an old family picture that I have been trying to restore with Photoshop CS3. I havent had much luck since I am still a beginner but I am puting out a CHALLENGE to all you photoshop masters to see what you can do! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Flickr Photo Download: FamilyPictures

I didn't take the time to clean up any of the small imperfections, but here's my 4 minute stab at it

main.php

I dl the largest of the files but it looks like the jpeg is basically just sized for web display. Even if someone does a really good job on it you won't get a nice print out of it. If you want to be able to print it you will need to scan it at 300 dpi and upload it as a tiff file. It wouldn't actually be a really hard fix, I've fixed a lot worse, but there's no sense in working with the jpeg unless you never want to print a copy. Since it's a family heirloom I'm figuring you just might? I'll gladly give it a shot, but if you want it to print a bigger sized scan would be better.

I should get paid for this. But wth.. im a nice guy today.

heirloom.jpg

oh.. you better let me post it on my website. :)

Thanks everybody! They look great! My Grandma will be one happy lady, and Schwetty.. you can absolutely post this on your website!

Did I win? Where is the prize? LOL.. Thanks! Here is my digital imaging album. Im going to add it there.
DI

here is my 3-4 minute version

4739078849_5b7e3799d1_b.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back