Challenge: Show Us Where You Live- 5 Photos Only!

And what does it look like when your mood takes you to Ireland, NJ?
For you said you live EITHER in the Netherlands, OR in Ireland, depending on your "mood"... (I have to ALWAYS live in this tiny village halfway between Hamburg and Bremen :( ).

Well realistically, I live in the Netherlands, 6 years now, but whether it's home or not is another question.

I have two trips to Ireland on the horizon for this year so hopefully I will get the chance to shoot some there also.

Not my best pictures but some of the ones I have on hand.

Downtown Battle Creek during the Festival of Lights
DSC02570.jpg

Same
DSC01876.jpg

Cereal Festival Parade (we are called Cereal City after all)
100_4463.jpg

Kellogg House
014_9.jpg

Federal Center (called Dole, something something after three Senators who stayed there when it was a VA medical hositpal)
100_3112a.jpg

Dang, this challenge made me realize I don't have many shots of Battle Creek. At least not defining shots.

WOW - great shots everyone. I started pointing out the ones I really love and there are just too many...I'm inspired to get better!
Today I took advantage of the lovely weather to go on a late-afternoon photography stroll. So I'm showing you not so much my city (Spacy covered iconic DC shots already - can't wait for cherry blossom time!) as my neighborhood. A large park called Rock Creek Park runs north-south through the NW section of the city, and has lots of lovely arch bridges taking east-west streets over the top. I catch glimpses of potential photos as I bicycle up the trail, and I come back on foot, camera-in-hand, to see what I can capture. Today it was chock full of joggers, bikers, dogwalkers and stroller-pushers enjoying the weather. I took lots of bridge shots, and some architecture-of-my neighborhood shots.
Thanks for looking (and reading this long-winded intro, oops!)
1. Calvert Street Bridge
IMG_3321.jpg

2. Massachusetts Ave. Bridge
IMG_3332.jpg

3. Dumbarton Bridge (Q Street): known for the buffalo that guard either end of the bridge
IMG_3347.jpg

4. An apartment building detail
IMG_3361.jpg

5. a well-known mural near my house - too bad I can't take a level shot! I'm going back next weekend to get a better shot of this...!
IMG_3320.jpg

This is an excellent thread that seems to have run its course, so before it fizzles out and fades away completely, I'll add the one picture that I happen to have of my home surroundings..... This is where I live. it is so small a place that it doesn't even appear on most maps - My Home:

IMG_1757-1.jpg

Megapaws has already posted some awesome shots of Toronto in this thread (click here). Here are some of my favourite spots in Toronto in winter, summer, at sunset, and at dusk.

Toronto skyline from Toronto Island
toronto1mo8.jpg

Winter in downtown Toronto
dsc05340prjs3.jpg

Kayaking at sunset
dsc06406pruo8.jpg

Cherry beach, with lifeguard station
img1206pruz7.jpg

Old City Hall
img0980rcg9.jpg

I love your pics Antarctican. What a beautiful city you live in!

Well, 'merci beaucoup' Tatiana! And last I heard, "Paris in springtime" is supposed to be spectacular....so let's see some pics!!

august06074.jpg

early fall haybails on a field in Vermont

march07202.jpg

Bridgewater, vt. next town over from mine

march07016.jpg

backside of pico mt., killington vermont

feb07100.jpg

bridge and farm down the street from my house

march07096.jpg

weather station at the peak of killington mt., ski area

just a few vermont shots...i really love where i live!! vermont has 4 seasons and sometimes 5 (mud season). enjoy

garrentee

Well realistically, I live in the Netherlands, 6 years now, but whether it's home or not is another question.

I have two trips to Ireland on the horizon for this year so hopefully I will get the chance to shoot some there also.

My boss is from the Netherlands. She moved here in '99.

Well done, Garrentee!! Vermont is a beautiful part of the world and you showed it off nicely.

thanks antartican!!!

Vermont is amazing...just so much to photograph!! Toronto is not to shabby either...:) love it there...go every year for the bluejays/redsox series

Most reactions

New Topics

Back