Changing apeture settings

wwwursa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On my finpix s7000 the auto mode is set for 2.8 apeture and the pictures are fine.. However, want to get more depth on my close ups.
Since I am using a tripod, the lenght of time is not a problem so I want to set the apeture to as low as possible which if 8. I assume I am going to get the same picture but with more depth. However, virtually everything has changed, lighting,color, etc. It says the ISO is 200 in such a circumstance.

Is ther any way to get more depth without cahnging everything else?

Normally, you are right, if you change the aperture (and change the shutter speed to suit) nothing should be different except the Depth of Field.

I'm guessing it's got something to do with how your camera is programed.

What mode are you using? If you have aperture priority, that would be the one to use.

I normally am in the "Auto" mode. But to get more depth I change the mode setting to "A" which I assume stands for "Aperture". In that mode I can change the Apeture setting and the time changes at the same time.

I normally am in the "Auto" mode. But to get more depth I change the mode setting to "A" which I assume stands for "Aperture". In that mode I can change the Aperture setting and the time changes at the same time.
That's right. We call that 'Aperture Priority Mode'. You choose the aperture and the camera gives you the correct shutter speed, based on the reading from the light meter.

I'm not sure why other things would change...they shouldn't.

I just went and took the same shot in "apeture" mode but at 2.8 as in the auto mode. The resulting backround color was much more pink.

I also noticed that as I changed the mode setting from "Auto" to any other mode the color dramatically changed in the image finder.

I don't know....

Maybe it would help if you posted a couple examples (with problem and without) and also posted the EXIF data, so that we can all see what is going on.

Where do I obtain exif data?

Could it be that in the default "auto" mode white balance is not on and in the Apeture mode it is?

Will play with this to see if it is the problem.
I found that exif is a format with info attached to it. Will explore this also.

Where do I obtain exif data?
Many image programs will display this data, it's pretty much a list of all the settings on the camera. Just cut and paste it from the software into your post, along with the image.

I got it. Will check later today. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back