Changing from color to black and white

bhardy501

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a phot I changed from color to black and white. I used the photo editer on my computer. Not sure if it was dont right but its a start.

011.jpg

010.jpg

I liked the photo other than my shadow. 6'2" and 350 lbs I cast a large shadow.

Yeah the shadow is kind of annoying. I would have shot it from a different angle to get the shadow out of the photo and worst case you could have rotated it in post processing.

Hi there -
My BW conversion was sent to the firing squad in last night's thread. GLAD they did cause this video has shown me a lot. I also downnloaded some free BW conversion action from Nelly Nero flickr acct. (not sure if you have photoshop CS5) - if not there might be tutorials for L3 or whatever you may have
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Lightroom has a lot of presets built in for B&W conversions. There are additional free ones from various sources such as google "onone software lightroom presets"

2WheelPhoto said:
Yeah Lightroom has a lot of presets built in for B&W conversions. There are additional free ones from various sources such as google "onone software lightroom presets"

2 wheeler have u downloaded that one

2WheelPhoto said:

2 wheeler have u downloaded that one

Yes and its very worth the 5-10 seconds to DL it =)

Here is a phot I changed from color to black and white. I used the photo editer on my computer. Not sure if it was dont right but its a start.

011.jpg

010.jpg

Here is a quick B&W conversion i did using ACR 6 (CS5 Camera Raw/Lightroom 3). I set the Saturation to -100, and then adjusted the Temperature and Tint sliders so the tonality of the 3 helmets and the blue and tan gloves was preserved. I also used the Clarity slider which controls the mid-tone contrast and gives kind of a sharpening effect..

$011edit.jpg

6957629067_bf6dc81b62_z.jpg

Here is one I did by putting a layer over the original image and filled it with black and changed the blending mode to color. Went back to the original layer and adjusted with hue and saturations, flattened.

Most reactions

Back