NavyJelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.navyjelly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Prague Castle, Czech Republic.

hit this by chance, i had a lousy vantage point for the changing so i just wandered off into the grounds, before I knew it the troop were on top of me so i managed to get a few shots off.

regarding the shot itself, any critique or suggestions ? Im interested in composition and technical aspects rather than PP.

Although not a lot could be done about lighting etc due to the sudden opportunity.

IMG_1765.jpg

larger image http://www.navyjelly.com/gallery/d/2556-4/IMG_1765.jpg

...a guilty bump...

Incidentally, this is not the first post ive had without a reply, I don't mind at all but I'm curious, is this a reflection on the pictures?.

I can imagine that it can be, possibly that they fall into the mediocre category ? without enough to make them pop or strike you and with nothing really overly incorrect worth commenting in. In a word dull.

Any particular reasons why you would not comment on a picture ? Knowing this is also helpful.
Thanks.

Well, to tell you the truth: I have been skirting around this photo, hoping for someone else to start replying, for I myself really don't know what to say. There apparently was a bit of an adventure for yourself in the making of this photo, but unfortunately nothing of the kind transpires.
I am so sorry to say so but this photo does not speak to me at all. It is just a row of uniformed guards who could be anywhere. And neither the point of view nor the composition, crop nor conversion and sepia toning makes it any more interesting (to me).
So to tell you the truth, yes, my non-replying was a reflection on the photo here, for I did not really know what to say and did not WANT to say what I have ultimately just said.
But I see why you say that to know why people do NOT comment is also helpful to know ... and normally I have long made it my habit to try and comment often, for I know only too well how bad it feels to have placed a total "non-starter" here. It is deeply disappointing.

...should've kept my mouth shut !... (kidding)

I think this happens quite often in my shots. They are a lot more exciting to me due to the entire story but as shots they objectively don't stand up on their own.

Thank you for the honest comments, I'll try to take it on board (and not jump overboard ;-) ).

I'm not here for praise but indeed to learn some more about what I enjoy so much. Thanks again.

I find it a little interesting because it looks old. Like 50s era, just from the PP on it. Its not a bad shot, just nothing amazing. I still like it though, its interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back