Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:)

tintagel99_124.jpg

nice shot alex, has a scary mood to it

I love these old churches. I wish there were more in my area. By old, I mean 100+ years old, maybe even 200+ years.

well, this chapel is probably way older... this is Tintagel in southern England. nice castle nearby ... posted a thread on that too, recently...

this is likely to be around 500-600 years old.... at least. ;) nicely captured :thumbup:

I love the lighting great wish had some proper sunlight today when I was shooting in a church

Nice shot, Alex......I might have considered cropping out the window on the right....just a thought.

I think I could fall in love with this photo...

Now that Paul has hinted at the extra little window on the right, also I begin to feel it might be a tad distracting, but cropping would mean you'd have to also crop the corner of that altar --- so I don't know. Cloning?

well, yes, I thought about cropping it, but then the altar would suffer as LaFoto pointed out.

The only way to go would be to remove the second window by cloning it out. That would certainly increase the composition, but then it would not be that chapel at Tintagel anymore, but something which does not exist. Guess doing so I would cross my personal limits and would not feel well with such a manipulation.

OK, I crossed the line and blackened it out for you ... it is not the same place anymore now. But as we all expected, it did the image some good ...
tintagel99_124_manipulated.jpg

=) i know many photographers hate the thought of editing out things like that,
but then again, many photographers think more like "traditional" artist,
and like a painter, they do anything thats necessary to make it "right".
thanks for giving it a go.... i think its GREAT! =)

It helps the photo as such a lot.
It may be against your feeling to capture "reality".
But as our Norwegian Witch is pointing out: painters have also at all times worked towards an ideal more so than towards a totally realistic representation of what they saw ...

You now have BOTH versions, and you can look at the one or the other as you please, having the "real" view and the "modified towards better" view (what the image is concerned).

well, OK, I have to admit my problem with heavy manipulations stems from the fact that I consider 95% of all my photography to be purely documentary ;)

OK, I could tell myself I could have hung a carpet over that second window and taken the shot then ... that seems like a fair excuse :p

Oh, and I should mention, this image was shot on AGFA ISO 200 slide film ;)

Most reactions

Back