Chappers and Dave (Radio 1 DJs)

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Took this last night under very difficult lighting conditions. Would you say it mattered that they both are not looking at the camera or does that make it more interesting? I did another one with the built in flash but their expressions are blank and the light is harsh.

Nikon D70s
Sigma (Film) 15mm Fisheye

chappersanddave.jpg

I've uploaded a couple others under "people" on my site today, please take time to look at them and other images. I appreciate all constructive feedback!

Thanks,
PhotoDrew

I think the shot is good. I love the dj's expression. The subject is in desperate need of fill flash. Maybe post the harsh photo and tell us your settings. Generally slow or rear works well for me when using the flash.

Good expressions, much better that they aren't looking at the camera, good sense of movement in the raised hands. It is a little on the dark side - try tweeking the levels in Photoshop. The shadows are pretty noisy already (what ISO setting did you use?), so you don't want to over do it.

i don't like it that one has his hand cut off and the other doesn't, i would crop from the right side a considerable amount and well otherwise it looks good. the crop would also help draw some attention on the people in the back.

I'm going to agree with eydryan for crop (both arms or no arms). As far as lighting goes it should be correctable in PS. After a quick go at it, I used gamma correction to fix the light and converted to b&w and it looked good. Without b&w it was way too saturated.

thanks for the feedback.

when i took it with flash the emotion in the picture was so bland and boring. and slightly over exposed - i didn't have time to check the shot properly as they were in the middle of a set so it had to be done promptly.

I'll give the tighter crop a go, I see what you mean on that.

The ISO was no higher than 400

Most reactions

New Topics

Back