Charity Golf Outing question

redlightboogie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm brand new to this list, but am not new to photography. Anyways, here's my question. I'm currently doing an internship at a nonprofit orginization here in Cleveland, and we have a Charity Golf Outing with 32 4-somes playing. It is my job to take pictures of each 4-some as they make the bend after the first 9 holes. Anyways, this whole sha-bang is being sponsored by Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I want to be extra sure I get superb looking photos.

I guess I'm asking for film recomendations more than anything. Most of my work has been B+W up to this point, and I don't know much about color film. I have the technical aspects covered as far as cameras, lighting and the such. I just need a film where the colors pop. I don't want dull looking photos. If anyone could help me out and possibly give some visual examples of different films, that would be great.

Perhaps someone has done a study/comparison of different film and there maybe is an example on the web somewhere??? Thanks for the help, and is anyone has any other tips to make this a successful experiance for me, are recomadations are greatly appreciated!

~Matt Kaiser~

I recommend Kodak Portra VC either 160 or 400 depending on the situation. The colors do pop. It's color negative film so if the exposure ends up being a little off it won't really affect it.

voodoocat said:
I recommend Kodak Portra VC either 160 or 400 depending on the situation. The colors do pop. It's color negative film so if the exposure ends up being a little off it won't really affect it.

I'll second that

If all the shoots were going to be stills I would go with the VC160, but if your going to mix in action shoot go with the VC400, ether will likely be ok.

You might even want to think about the Portra UC which is even more saturated than the VC. The UC 400 is one of my favorite films

Most reactions

New Topics

Back