Chasing the clouds

I had to open this up in flickr on black to fully appreciate the scope of the shot....but, this leads me to ask if you applied some kind of "paint" filter to the image as the bottom part especially looks somewhat surreal??

I had to open this up in flickr on black to fully appreciate the scope of the shot....but, this leads me to ask if you applied some kind of "paint" filter to the image as the bottom part especially looks somewhat surreal??

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking so I'll just describe my entire processing on it. This is a combination of 3 bracketed photos, 2 stops apart (-2,0,+2). I did this in PSE10 and then I went back into LR4. From there, I moved the highlights to -100 and the shadows to +100 and then used the gradient filter for clarity and sharpening to the entire photo. Added clarity and used noise reduction, added vibrance and then I did a curves adjustment on it.

That is about all I did to it. I hope that helps.

Clarity and noise reduction was my guess.

Suspect you hit that right on the nose. there is someting odd about the finish. It is not bad, just different.

I got the look I was wanting out of it. I was really trying to capture the blue of the skys with the white fluffy clouds as my main subject. I added the ground to the bottom third for perspective. Since I shot it bracketed with the intention of getting of combining the pictures. I'm not an HDR person when they have been overcooked and I was really trying to get this picture to that line and then scale it back just a little.

My bad for not reading the image code 8767-HDR. Silly me and it explains a lot...but I am still on the fence as to whether it works for me or not,

No worries ceeboy. I'm okay with people being on the fence with my work. At least there's not a hugh laundry list of technical things wrong with it, like there was when I first started.

Most reactions

Back