Chateau Still Life Style B&W

Force of Nature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
force-of-nature.deviantart.com
Ok, Please pick this image apart, I think I like it, but the more I look at it, the more Im not sure, What have I done right and what is wrong?

51522494_4602be28e5_o.jpg

The span of greys is alot bigger than that of the highlights and shadows. I think it needs some leveling so the shades are closer to each other, then curves/contrast can be applied.

Composition wise, I think the two separate articles of atention don't really tie into each other. neither benefits from the other and they splice the picture a bit each fighting for attention but you can't see both at the same time properly, again maybe a contrast issue, the watering can in very similar to its background.

It's kinda flat, and needs some snap. More contrast will help.

Hard to say if it were possible, but I'd like to see the image a few more steps to the left, to get more of the door and less of the bush on the left. Were the bushes in the way of the shot at that angle?

Love the watering can and the stone wall. :) But it's crying out for some contrast.

terri said:
It's kinda flat, and needs some snap. More contrast will help.

Hard to say if it were possible, but I'd like to see the image a few more steps to the left, to get more of the door and less of the bush on the left. Were the bushes in the way of the shot at that angle?

Love the watering can and the stone wall. :) But it's crying out for some contrast.

my first impression.

The location is fantastic. The composition is inviting. I love the water can. I would really like to see it in colour. I will bet that the green of trees and the earthtones of the building are beautiful.

this is beautiful in color, i think.
nice image.

here are three that i came up with.
where was this picture taken?
it's a really peaceful looking place.

thanks for sharing!

ephdtz

ephe1d

ephe88

Most reactions

Back