Cheap D750's

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Read on line this morning: Nikon D750 body, new, selling for $1,049.00. Don't know if they are USA or gray market---do your research first if interested. abesofmaine.com
Watchout for scams; if it sounds to good to be true-----

Last edited:
lol abesofmaine. good luck!

Probably greys. I saved a fortune on my 5Dsr a couple of years ago going down that route. Luckily haven't had an issue.

Abesofmaine has long been one of the largest gray market importers in the USA . I would predict with 90% certainty that at that price the cameras are indeed gray market.

They must be making up for it by charging a grand for a D90!!??

Welcome to Abes of Maine

I would consider a grey market item if I were in the market.

abes of maine bait switch - Google Search

Westpark Electronics, LLC DBA Abe's of Maine has an F rating with the BBB. The BBB notes that 24 out of the 66 complaints were closed in the past year. The BBB only keeps complaints for 3 years and then they expire. ... Since 2014 Abe's of Maine has received 220 1 star reviews that Yelp has not filtered out.Apr 29, 2018

rofl from their own website:

Is Abe's of Maine an Authorized Dealer?
We carry a variety of name brand products, some of which we ARE an Authorized Dealer & some of which we are NOT an Authorized Dealer. If you do not see the “Authorized Dealer” logo on the product detail page then we are NOT authorized for those products. Some notable manufacturer’s that we are NOT Authorized Dealer for include Canon, LG, Nikon, Panasonic, Tamron, Sigma, Samsung & Sony.

I left Nikon a while back, so haven’t been tracking the prices of their stuff..

But that seems really expensive for a body that was released 6 years ago for $2300. Beyond that, I’m apparently the only person in the world who holds this view: but it isn’t that great of a camera. I owned one for about a year.

It has some control layout issues and such that really frustrated me, to the point that I sold it and, at the time, purchased a D810 for only about $200 more than I sold the D750 for. I had been using it alongside my D500, and was just extremely disappointed in it’s semi-pro controls vs the pro controls on the D500.

I find it really hard to believe people are still buying it new at $1496.. wild.

Back in 2000 I think they where decent to deal with and US products but at some point I think they changed hands to a bait and switch sleaze bag company.

The name rang a bell with me. I'm not 100% sure but I think I found something that looked good only to have the details change when I was going to check out. But that was quite a while ago.

abes of maine bait switch - Google Search

Westpark Electronics, LLC DBA Abe's of Maine has an F rating with the BBB. The BBB notes that 24 out of the 66 complaints were closed in the past year. The BBB only keeps complaints for 3 years and then they expire. ... Since 2014 Abe's of Maine has received 220 1 star reviews that Yelp has not filtered out.Apr 29, 2018

rofl from their own website:

Is Abe's of Maine an Authorized Dealer?
We carry a variety of name brand products, some of which we ARE an Authorized Dealer & some of which we are NOT an Authorized Dealer. If you do not see the “Authorized Dealer” logo on the product detail page then we are NOT authorized for those products. Some notable manufacturer’s that we are NOT Authorized Dealer for include Canon, LG, Nikon, Panasonic, Tamron, Sigma, Samsung & Sony.
There it is.

FYI, the D750 still sells new for about $1500 new from an authorized reseller, and can be found for $800-900 used in good condition.

FYI, the D750 still sells new for about $1500 new from an authorized reseller, and can be found for $800-900 used in good condition.[/QUOTEW

Who?

FYI, the D750 still sells new for about $1500 new from an authorized reseller, and can be found for $800-900 used in good condition.
Who?
About a month ago when I was considering getting one used, that was the price at Adorama, B&H, and my local camera shop AllensCamera. It looks like used stock is pretty low these days! I saw KEH has one for around $1k, and Nikon has refurbished ones directly from them for $1250. Not quite the same deal though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back