Cheap large zoom

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I'm getting my XT very soon and I am getting a kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 but I also need a large zoom lens and I dont have much money. I have about $300 Canadian to spend. It doesn't need to be amazing but something to use for close up animal shot and other shots I can't get close for such as boat tours and stuff. It will be used mostly out side. I was looking at the canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lll usm

Yep, that's what you should get. Stick with the Canon zooms.

For your budget, that's a pretty good lens.

That bag should hold that lens with plenty of room to spare.

ok one more question: What is a good lens for action sports such as snowboarding and skateboarding? Would the kits lens work? Also some skateboard shots will be taken at a indoor park.

I have been using the 50mm f/1.8 on my xt for skateboarding on several occasions and it has been great. Depending on the lighting inside the kit might or might not be fast enough but no matter what it wouldnt be as sharp as the 50mm.

ok one more question: What is a good lens for action sports such as snowboarding and skateboarding? Would the kits lens work? Also some skateboard shots will be taken at a indoor park.
For sports shooting, especially indoors...you will want (need) a fast lens...that's a lens with a large maximum aperture (low F number). This will allow a faster shutter speed to help stop the action. The 50mm F1.8 is a fast and affordable lens, I recommend that. For the most part, faster lenses are more expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back