Cheap offer? Sigma 75-300 lens

Freddeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a Sigma 75-300 mm F/4.0 - 5.6 for a Nikon D40 and no D40. So he's got a spare lens he's willing to sell for €50 (which is about 35-40 USD).

I just came back from holidays and found out (the hard way) that you can't go out shooting squirrels, rabbits and sparrows with a stock 18-55. So I'm quite interested in his 75-300.

Is €50 a lot for this lens?

Is €50 a lot for this lens?

No, it sounds very fair indeed. If it's the "DG" version it usually sells for $100-150. If it also has the designation "APO", that one normally sells for $200. For $35 you can't really go wrong... even if you discover you don't really like it, you will be able to re-sell it for at least the same as you paid for it.

Thanks for the replies.

I tried to set up a meeting with the seller today, too bad I was a bit late at work this morning, so I have to work late. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Hope he's got the lense with him then.

Finally I got to pick up the lens from my friend. It's amazing, to be honest. It's huge, but the pictures you take with it are incredibly sharp. However, it turned out that it does have an autofocus motor, but it doesn't seem to work with my specific camera, which is a D40. I'll look a bit more into it and see what I can find out.

Oh, and what I noticed, is that you don't turn the lens, but you pull it out and shove it in... :)

Most reactions

Back