Cheap rebel XTi. Anyone know if this site is reputable?

abuccanero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's best to avoid that site. It's not a reputable store to deal with.

Avoid that site AT ALL COSTS, they are a MAJOR well known ripoff, stick with B&H, Adorama, Amazon.com

I placed an order with this company when I was buying my XTI. If you place an order with them, you will get an email asking you to call them to verify info and you will get to talk to high pressure salesman who will try to upgrade you to a higher cost package.

Two other stores to avoid are FotoConnection and Broadway. FotoConnection was my worst internet buying experience ever. Trust me, you cannot buy the camera at the advertised price. They will cancel your order if you insist on them shipping you what they ordered. If you were somehow able to get it at that price you would receive a grey market camera.

The upgrade options these people push at you are way over priced. You will find that you are better off, cost wise, by buying from a reputable source. I finally bought mine from B&H who is a sponsor here.

AVOID THIS SITE! I have the same story as just about everyone else olny I was looking at a 5D for $549.99. I had to look, but I knew it must be a fraud. They asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a metal lens mount. I told them the 5D is manufactured by Canon with a metal lens mount and if their's had a plastic one it wasn't really a 5D. Long story short, I had to cancel my credit card to avoid a "restocking fee" of 300 and some odd dollars. All this because I just HAD to try and get a 5D on the cheap. Don't bother with it.

check resellerrates.com (goes something like that) when you are thinking about purchasing from an online dealer. It will save you pain and suffering.

thanks everyone.

P.S. Since that sites sucks I am still in the market for a XT or XTi.

also avoid Prestigecamera.com
pretty much the same deal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back