Cheap SLR

Lookin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys...I need to purchase a cheap SLR...at the photostudio i used to work in I used a Nikon d200...now i'm off at university...I love photography and I want to continue taking pics for pleasure...I need a good camera without the D200 or 300 pricing.......it could be any brand.....

Help me please:(

budget?

People's idea of "cheap" varies a lot. Also what about the Nikon d200 you like the most... might help in deciding what DSLR will meet your needs.

My personal choice would be a K10D or K20D with a bag full of manual K-mount Takumar/pentax primes.

yay pentax. the K20D isn't super cheap but it has an incredible amount of in camera customization options. it has a lot of flexibility for in camera processing and pre shooting set up. also, throw in built in image stabilization that works for every pentax lens ever made, and suddenly it's a sweet deal. now all those old pentax primes are as good a new. and you can pic them up on ebay (older lenses) pretty cheap.

It's not so much that I liked the 200 just that i'm more familar with the nikon brand and plus the 200 image quality was pretty cool. I took a look at the pentax still a little to high...i'm going to school....school=no money...I looked up the Sony A350...what do you think about that?

what else do you want to know about it? K20D is awesome, but if you're looking for cheaper, try the K200D. it has a slightly slower continuous rate and 22 instead of 36 custom settings. and 10.2 not 14.6. but it still has the built in image stabilization, and every other function of the k20d for 500-600 dollars less. you can pick one up on ebay with lens and cards and extra battery and mini tripod and bag and a couple other things for 770.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back