Cheap(wish) Tripod - (New or Used)

BringItBroski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

After deciding to stick with my D3300 - I am now interested in getting a proper tripod to further improve my work.

I'd be looking to spend around £50 (preferably less of course) and would like a good all-round tripod, aimed towards long-exposure photography as this will be its main function.

I've looked at the Velbon 200r , Velbon DF-51/61 and the Velbon CX-88 but am open to any suggestions and experiences from you all.

Please could you give me suggestions as to the best tripod for my situation (extreme height is not a must and the tripod will be used for long-exposure photography of cars)

Cheers,

Ben

Definitely used; I can't speak for the UK, but in Canada, I generally buy used tripods for about fifty cents of the dollar (I have more of them than is good for any one person). Velbon makes some decent consumer-grade stuff, but if you can find a used Manfrotto or Giottos or Benbo, you'll be doing yourself a favour.

I would agree with the comment about buying used. I would however suggest that you wait a while, save your money, do some research, and decide what it is you're looking buy in the way of equipment in the future. With proper planning and a little more money you would be able to buy your self a tripod that will probably last you the rest of your life it properly taken care of. It is easy to fall into the trap of buying a cheap tripod, then buying one just a little bit better, then buying another one just a little bit better. By the time you have purchased a good tripod you want to spend more money than you would if you had saved and bought a good tripod to begin with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back