Cheating? or just another way to do things

Fraggo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am currently in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i was looking at nikon lenses for a wish list and i come across this lens

Nikon PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED Lens - 2174 - RitzCamera.com

You can manually fix distortions, or if i understand this right, make your own. I don't really know what to think about this, could be a good idea, or is it cheating or another way to do things now.

Thoughts?

Andrew

You can manually fix distortions, or if i understand this right, make your own. I don't really know what to think about this, could be a good idea, or is it cheating or another way to do things now.

Thoughts?

Andrew

I occasionally use a 1920s plate camera with a lens capable of moving and correcting distortion just like this one. The idea isn't exactly new.

Thoughts?

Andrew

Maybe a better way to think about it is that you are cheating with your current lens.... and correcting perspective with the tilt shift lens...

Ansel would be rolling in his grave...

hmm tilt shift - you know you can also get tiltshift bellows as well!
Its certainly something I would like to use in macro work and it really does open up options as its not always possible to get the right angle with the camera/lens (objects in the way etc...) Tilt shift lets you change the ange and thus get the shot.
That nikon make a decicated tiltshift macro lens makes me jealous!

ok, i havent had the chance to use a MF or LF camera as of yet, so i dont know to much about them, does sound interesting though, thank you for your thoughts, i'm always looking to learn something new.

No such thing as cheating when it comes to photography - you either get the image you wanted or you don't (but no plagiarism please).

Most reactions

Back