Check list for first ever wedding shoot

MiFleur

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That's it, tomorrow is my first wedding, I am a bit nervous

I have charged the batteries, cleaned up my lens, bought new memory cards...
I have 3 flashes, 2 cameras, 4 lenses, my tripod.

I also have prepared a list of the shot we do not want to miss, I even have a document of internet pictures I found with interesting poses.
just in case my mind becomes blank...

I have a friend that will help me.

What am I missing?
Anybody has a check list?

Take the battery charger, just in case. Happened to me last week...

Don't spend too much time looking at the lists; GREAT to have as back up, but you don't want to miss any shots.

Do you know where you have to be and when. Do you know where you're going to park and have money for parking/tolls if required? Have you met the maid/matron of honour (if not, do this ASAP - this is the person whose help you will NEED to "herd the cats" when it comes time for formals, etc). Do you have an emergency kit of band-aids, pepto, aspirin, safety-pins, etc? No, not for you, but you wouldn't believe what a photographer gets asked for. Have you scouted the venues and planned where you're going to stand? Do you know (approximately) what your settings should be for various shots? Have you clearly explained to your second what his/her duties are? Do they understand?

Don't forget to bring a positive attitude!

Do you know where you have to be and when. Yes, we have a schedule and a plan, I will be there 3 hrs ahead of time to finalize planning and just relax a bit before starting.
Do you know where you're going to park and have money for parking/tolls if required? Did not think about that thanks
Have you met the maid/matron of honour (if not, do this ASAP - this is the person whose help you will NEED to "herd the cats" when it comes time for formals, etc). I have the stepmother who is willing to help and is usually good in this type of situation, I have met her.
Do you have an emergency kit of band-aids, pepto, aspirin, safety-pins, etc? Good Idea did not think about that, I love this forum!

No, not for you, but you wouldn't believe what a photographer gets asked for. Never thought I could be asked for a band aid, I take your suggestion.
Have you scouted the venues and planned where you're going to stand? I went there once but it was in the winter. I have a general idea but I have to inspect the lawn, the flowers and the spot for the group picture, I have 2 options. I will decide when I arrive.
Do you know (approximately) what your settings should be for various shots? yes I have printed a list and a sheet with examples of settings and poses that are interesting for the bride, she has already seen the list and pictures and likes the ideas.
Have you clearly explained to your second what his/her duties are? Do they understand?
May be not enough but we are travelling together tomorrow, it will be a 2hr trip, I guess it will be enough. She has helped her husband (the father of the bride) when he was doing photography as a hobby. she has a good eye for details and is good to cheer people up. She also expects to carry a bag with lenses.

Thank you so much for this list, It helps to make me feel more secure.

Do you know where you have to be and when. Yes, we have a schedule and a plan, I will be there 3 hrs ahead of time to finalize planning and just relax a bit before starting.
Do you know where you're going to park and have money for parking/tolls if required? Did not think about that thanks
Have you met the maid/matron of honour (if not, do this ASAP - this is the person whose help you will NEED to "herd the cats" when it comes time for formals, etc). I have the stepmother who is willing to help and is usually good in this type of situation, I have met her.
Do you have an emergency kit of band-aids, pepto, aspirin, safety-pins, etc? Good Idea did not think about that, I love this forum!

No, not for you, but you wouldn't believe what a photographer gets asked for. Never thought I could be asked for a band aid, I take your suggestion.
Have you scouted the venues and planned where you're going to stand? I went there once but it was in the winter. I have a general idea but I have to inspect the lawn, the flowers and the spot for the group picture, I have 2 options. I will decide when I arrive.
Do you know (approximately) what your settings should be for various shots? yes I have printed a list and a sheet with examples of settings and poses that are interesting for the bride, she has already seen the list and pictures and likes the ideas.
Have you clearly explained to your second what his/her duties are? Do they understand?
May be not enough but we are travelling together tomorrow, it will be a 2hr trip, I guess it will be enough. She has helped her husband (the father of the bride) when he was doing photography as a hobby. she has a good eye for details and is good to cheer people up. She also expects to carry a bag with lenses.

Thank you so much for this list, It helps to make me feel more secure.
Good luck!

Most reactions

Back