Check List for Yashica 124

Discussion in 'Medium Format & Large Format' started by Rotisserie Chicken Lava, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Rotisserie Chicken Lava

Rotisserie Chicken Lava TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is my first post here on these forums so hello!

Anyways I'm in the market for a Yashica 124 or 124G type camera and I found one on Craigslist for 150. So I plan to go look at this camera, but since I have never held one in person or any medium format camera I wanted to come on here and ask people for a checklist so when I go I can test or look at specific parts of the camera to give myself the best chance of finding out if it's a working one or not.

I know that I wont know for sure until I put film in it but I figured having a checklist of things to thoroughly check would be smart.

Thanks everyone.

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Slow speeds like 1 second are sometimes a bit slow or sluggish... 1/10 second is about an eye-blink in time span... 1/2 second might also be slow-ish,perhaps 3/4 to 1 second...

look for lens haze in the bottom or "taking" lens....set the shutter to B, and hold the release button, and with the camera back open and the lens set to its widest f/stop, look thru the lens toward a bright light (like a window shining into a dark room, for example), and look for internal hazing of the bottom lens.

Make sure the back has not been dented badly.

3. Rotisserie Chicken Lava

Rotisserie Chicken Lava TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I figured I'd update this, I went and checked out the camera and everything worked perfectly and the older gentleman that sold it to me was very nice and knowledgeable about the camera and helped me check everything that you said. He also gave me a bunch of filters for it, a vintage tripod and a old sekonic light meter all for free.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. CarlH

CarlH TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    that's one clean camera! looks well taken care of.

5. Dave Colangelo

Dave Colangelo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Its always great when it comes with all the original accessories!