chemical supply list

reds_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a few threads posted here to get me rolling but i have another request (small i hope).

like i have mentioned, im not big on the whole camera scene and i am looking into all my options for a present for my wife.

what i would like to know this time is i know that when you develop pictures whether they are black and white or color that they both need different chemicals/supplies.

my wife has the dipping trays and a few other accessories that im not sure of, but can someone give me a checklist of chemicals and supplies needed for color photos versus black and white?

i would like to be able to go buy the items i need rather than standing in the store for an hour asking a crap ton of questions!!!!! id like to have everything at hand upon entering!!!

thanks again for helping

Black and white is much more forgiving. +- 1-2 degrees isn't much for BW, but with color, temperature is critical. +- .5 degrees will cause issues. This is for film. For prints, there is a bit more room, but there are different chemicals for BW/Color. I think color paper is still RA4, but I don't remember what BW paper is. I don't think EP2 chemicals or paper can be found anymore. I also don't know how easy it is to develop RA4 at home.

Basically, stick to BW, then she can use a safelite as well.

Sorry if this is confusing
Dug

Most reactions

New Topics

Back