Cherry Blossoms from Japan

petertalke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.talkephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got back....took a few pics of the Cherry Blossoms...beautiful time of the year to visit Japan! Enjoy!

CherryBlossomsWatermark.jpg

It was in the northern part of Japan...called Kakunodate. The blossoms in Tokyo had already passed. This area was amazing....the trees lines the river...people everywhere taking pics. It was a Sakura area also with Samurai houses to visit. Cute little town. Wish I had more time...only 2 hours....but at least got a few pics! :D

It must be amazing to see all those trees in bloom, in person!! I like 'em all, but shot 4 especially with the branch framing the pic.

Thanks!!! I had been to Japan many times, but never for Cherry Blossom season!! I will have to go back again at this time (April 14-25th)...it was wonderful!! When you walk through the Cherry Blossom path along the river(tress on both sides of the path)...the petals are constantly falling softly and its just breathtaking! The sunlight highlights the top of the trees as you look up. Something I will never forget!!! Glad I could share some pics!!!

Really beautiful shots. I don't know why, but I feel like I saw these same shots
on this forum a couple of months ago. Anyway, nice stuff.

^^^ You may be thinking of the cherry blossoms in Washington DC, Tagman

These are my pics. I will gladly post my train ticket stub to Kakunodate if you would like. But thanks for policing...I dont mind your comment...it is not right for people to take anyone's property. This is why I watermark my pics.

I will be posting these on my site and the balance of them in a few days...just have to catch up! :D Look for them by the weekend!

www.talkephotography.com

These are my pics. I will gladly post my train ticket stub to Kakunodate if you would like. But thanks for policing...I dont mind your comment...it is not right for people to take anyone's property. This is why I watermark my pics.

I will be posting these on my site and the balance of them in a few days...just have to catch up! :D Look for them by the weekend!

www.talkephotography.com

Hi Pete, That never even came to my mind, honestly. Antarctica was right, I do recall cherry blossom pics, and they were from washington posted a couple of months ago. I think the way you composed one of your shots was similar to the pic a few months back. Thats what I meant. Again, really nice shots. Regards. Tommy

Peter, I certainly didn't take Tagman's comment as meaning anything other than his recollection that he'd seen other cherry blossom pics a few weeks ago. And I was suggesting which ones it was he might have seen.

I look forward to seeing the balance of your pics when you post 'em! And how is it you're lucky enough to have gone to Japan several times?

No problem...I understand. Protecting each others pics is most important. I'd want you all to do the same for me. :wink:

I get to travel basically all over the world for my job...I work for a large Japanese co. that starts with an N and ends with an n (that we all know well).....so many trips to Japan! Usually once a year.

All business and sometimes I get lucky to take some pics with my free time. I also went to Yuzawa (Northern mountians)...lovely hot springs! I'll attach a pic in a few mintues...not a great pic as it is still early spring and it was about 6 AM when I was walking around (jet lag got me up at 4 AM...so I walked around when the sun was coming up..so the lighting was not so good) ...but I can imagine lovely during the summer!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back