Chicago Charcoal Photo "Sketches"

this is a series of filter based manipulation used to change the photos.
im sorry, but im not a fan of the way they look. i really dislike those "artistic" filters in PS...dry brush, paint daubs, charcoal, crosshatch....ugh...

i view those filters like i do clipart...poor substitutes for creativity.

but on a positive...
please post the original images...i'd love to see those...looks like you've got some great photos there! :thumbup:

sorry if i seem brutal, but as a graphic designer, manipulating photos everyday, these filters have always sorta been on my $hitlist. so honestly, it;s more the filters than it is your work, the technique was implemented well, and im sure the original photos are great.

this is a series of filter based manipulation used to change the photos.
im sorry, but im not a fan of the way they look. i really dislike those "artistic" filters in PS...dry brush, paint daubs, charcoal, crosshatch....ugh...

i view those filters like i do clipart...poor substitutes for creativity.

but on a positive...
please post the original images...i'd love to see those...looks like you've got some great photos there! :thumbup:

sorry if i seem brutal, but as a graphic designer, manipulating photos everyday, these filters have always sorta been on my $hitlist. so honestly, it;s more the filters than it is your work, the technique was implemented well, and im sure the original photos are great.

Opinions are like arses, everybody has one. I like the sketch technique, as a photographer that does not manipulate other peoples photos it gives the meaning behind the photo an interesting take.

Also, joethedestroyer, I found a review of a program called Sketch 7 (http://akvis.com) in Photoshop User (this month) which sounds like it does what you've done to these photos. The only catch is that its $72 whereas if you happen to remember how you made the sketches that would be only the cost of learning how to do it..

Most reactions

Back