Chicago Cubs Rooftop shot

shinycard255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post... be nice :mrgreen:

Was at a Cubs rooftop game a few months back with some friends and the wife and snagged this shot. 4 shots merged into 1, minimal retouching as well (levels, curves, saturation). C&C welcome

$68069250.jpg

Great view and well executed. In the few years I lived in the area I only got there once and we sat in the upper deck, right field side, so I had a different view. We also froze, since it was the end of April and there was a cold breeze off the lake blowing right through us. It wasn't a cold day so we hadn't dressed warmly enough. I'd love to get back there sometime.

Looks great! I love wide shots!

Thanks! I like doing panoramas of places like this.

Great view and well executed. In the few years I lived in the area I only got there once and we sat in the upper deck, right field side, so I had a different view. We also froze, since it was the end of April and there was a cold breeze off the lake blowing right through us. It wasn't a cold day so we hadn't dressed warmly enough. I'd love to get back there sometime.

Thanks. The view from the rooftops are amazing... if you can't tell. The rooftops are always fun times as well (unlimited beer and food all provided by them as well since it's included in the price of the ticket). This was an early April game, so it was pretty cold with the breeze coming in from the lake. If you ever do go back to a Cubs game, find rooftop tickets. It is well worth the experience.

The wife and I were at another rooftop game back when they were in the playoffs in 2010, but I can't get the panorama to stitch together for some reason. I did it in the past, but I don't know if PS just can't figure it out anymore. I lost my old file due to me reformatting the wrong hard drive :grumpy:. I managed to get a good majority of my files recovered, but some were lost

I lost my old file due to me reformatting the wrong hard drive :grumpy:. I managed to get a good majority of my files recovered, but some were lost

What you need is multiple external hard drives. A lot of us have one by the computer and another at another location (like work) that is brought home periodically to back up and then taken off site again. Some people on here have even more extensive and elaborate back up systems, but the two-drive, two-location setup is the least one should have, imo.

What you need is multiple external hard drives. A lot of us have one by the computer and another at another location (like work) that is brought home periodically to back up and then taken off site again. Some people on here have even more extensive and elaborate back up systems, but the two-drive, two-location setup is the least one should have, imo.

I recently just bought a 2nd hard drive not too long ago and all my stuff gets backed up monthly on it now just in case. I don't want something to happen to all my files again... it was a sad day

Most reactions

Back