Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from downtown Chicago tonight in the bitter cold
The Magical Bean
8403381151_38eeb72275_c.jpg

BP Pedestrian Bridge in Millennium Park
8403469881_e1d7c6559a_c.jpg

Both are good, the Bean is excellent.

I like them both, hard to decide on a favorite!

Really nice. I like 1 best but there is a little halo.

Yes I see the halo thanks for pointing it out Rick50

They are both good photos. The bean is great, wish I could go up there to photograph it and the city skyline at night. I would just say that in the second photo, while it is good for what it is, if you could elevate yourself so the foreground items aren't there it would be a much better photo.

Good job!

I am going to have to elevated alot I am only 5' 5" but I hear ya maybe less bridge and more buildings , I can try and re-shoot another day its only about 5 mins from where I live

Yea. When I do my shots I try to get up in the highest buildings possible, maybe on top of a parking garage, or if you can get a hotel to let you in to use a room to photograph for a short period. Here's an example of something I did just this past weekend. This is on the 12th story of a parking garage in Philadelphia.

$Philadelphia cityscape from parking garage (1920).jpg

good job slight halo tho :)

I like number one best, the halo you can mask out easy by using one of your original exposures and masking it in.

Great job

Number 1 is magical. I even like the halo on this one. I notice what a significant detail the evening star is, right at the margin of the bean. Didn't miss a trick, did you?

Steve, I'm with you on the parking garage thing. For some reason, in my area, the operators don't want you taking pictures from them. I've been kicked out of parking garages all over North Texas.

The evening star is actually the moon in the shot , the halo I am having issues trying to mask and get rid of it , still learning making and Photoshop in general but thanks for all the comments , in Chicago its frowned upon to get up in the parking garages but I have made it in a few But thanks for all the c&c helps me to be a better photographer

I really like the Bean shot, but I have some minor technical issues with it.

First is the steps are curved. Not sure if they're truly curved, but I don't think they are. Straightening out the barrelling of your lens might be in order.

Second, there's two reflections that bother me.... the green sign on the right, and what I assume is the Moon.

I'd also clone out the ghosts of moving people if at all possible.

Lastly..... the
013.gif
sodium lighting. I tend to do everything possible to convert that sick orange color to white. Shooting raw will help a lot.

Maybe I'm being too picky.

Most reactions

Back