Child Watching Aeroplane Fly! (Mustang)

dwol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the airshows I went to earlier in the year and I accidentally got this kid in the shot, however I believe it makes a great picture! C&C welcome as always! :)

25644tn3.jpg

I love the shot.

I like the fact that your focus is on the plane and the position of the child seems plain perfect to me.

Good job !

Slow your shutter speed down a little to make the prop blurred. Looks like it's gliding. - TF

I don't know. If you slowed the shutter enough to get at least a quarter rotation of the prop (to get a full-circle effect), wouldn't he then also have to pan to maintain the clarity of the plane? And if he did that, wouldn't the boy then be motion blurred?

I agree with your suggestion, but I think technical limitations make it impossible. But I'm only guessing. In the mean time, photoshop the prop!

Back to Dwol: Great shot though. I'm guessing you prefocused and waited for the plane to fly through?

I don't know. If you slowed the shutter enough to get at least a quarter rotation of the prop (to get a full-circle effect), wouldn't he then also have to pan to maintain the clarity of the plane? And if he did that, wouldn't the boy then be motion blurred?

I agree with your suggestion, but I think technical limitations make it impossible. But I'm only guessing. In the mean time, photoshop the prop!

Back to Dwol: Great shot though. I'm guessing you prefocused and waited for the plane to fly through?

"and I accidentally got this kid in the shot,"

It was all by chance, though it does not look it.

For aviation photography, at least for propeller planes, you should use a slow shutter speed to blur the prop which will make the plane seem more natural. If you freeze the propeller then the plane does not look much like its flying. It takes practice as you do have to pan with the plane, but the results are worth it. A good shutter speed is around 1/160 for this.

Best way to get a shot with aviation is to just pan with the aircraft and snap away. :mrgreen:

As for the shot... that's just amazing and I love it!

wonderful shot..!!!

Thanks for all the comments people!

Slow your shutter speed down a little to make the prop blurred. Looks like it's gliding. - TF

"and I accidentally got this kid in the shot,"

It was all by chance, though it does not look it.

For aviation photography, at least for propeller planes, you should use a slow shutter speed to blur the prop which will make the plane seem more natural. If you freeze the propeller then the plane does not look much like its flying. It takes practice as you do have to pan with the plane, but the results are worth it. A good shutter speed is around 1/160 for this.

Best way to get a shot with aviation is to just pan with the aircraft and snap away. :mrgreen:

Will do! Thanks for the comments again, and I will try using a slower shutter speed next time. :D

Question with the slower shutter speed, will this make the plane more blurred? I guess it depends on how close the plane is and what speed it's going at. But thought I'd ask :p

I'm guessing you prefocused and waited for the plane to fly through?

Honestly I was panning and when I went to capture it, I also got the child in the shot too.

I think it's a good shot. As far as photoshopping the prop, that seems like it would be fun to play with (even though I have no idea off hand on how to off hand).

The angle of the plane, the kid holding his hat as if the wind is blowing and he is trying to still focus on the plane. All this makes it an excellent composition ... even if you chance ;) Its still superb!

The border around the picture is giving it a very nice look ... excellent photograph!

Thanks for the compliments :)

Would anyone know how to make the prop more blurry in photoshop? I'm going to try and play around with it. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back