Children at Play

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An old photo that I decided to try a few new techniques with. I rather like the way it turned out but would appreciate any feedback. It's a shot from Cambodia that I took last January :)

2179690-R1-023-10-copy.jpg

I really like it too. With the colors and atmosphere it just seems more than just your ordinary capture. I really like what you did with it, its like the cover to a book. A good book. (I judge covers, I admit it)

Do you have the original on hand or is that a secret?

when this first popped up, i had a flashback to the late 60's where shots like these in b&w poured out of south vietnam. the children wouldn't be playing, rather, running from explosions etc. i like this a lot Amanda. the PS treatment worked well here; i also like the added foreground.

Thanks Airic :)

vonDrehle- I did more than an extensive amount of PS work on this...a brightness/contrast layer, 2 gradient layers, a hue/saturation layer, a yellow photo filter layer, and then layers for the frame and text...each was adjust by different blend modes an opacities to achive the tones in this...oh and topped it off with a soft focus effect.

I dont mind posting the original as long as no one gives me the ole death to PS lecture :)

Jon, although I wasn't alive for it, I've read and heard first hand many horrific stories of the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia in the 70's as well as the events in vietnam as well. I sort of was shooting for the tones I've seen in films and past pictures for this one, but also wanted to show the children having fun in their environment :)

Here's the original:
2179690-R1-023-10.jpg

eromallagadnama said:
I dont mind posting the original as long as no one gives me the ole death to PS lecture :)

Some of my best photos have been photoshoped. :( I normally just take things out never add anything. Lets just say I'm not a professional so the featured picture on my dA account (click sig) wasn't set up, just happend. With just a few people around... :meh:

Your PS work with the photo was on the money. I can't think of anybetter way to do it. I hope to see more new techniques in the future :D

Wow, really nice work! Yup, the PS work was well worth it! I just love the vividness of it. Without PS this picture would have been a little bland. It really brought it to life! I love the things that can be done to pictures with a little help from the computer, sometimes that's all it takes to make a great picture amazing!

Most reactions

Back