Children Christmas photo shoot

Teresa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybyteresa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oh in this one I had 2 6yr olds and one 2yr old. The 6 yr old boy was complaining of being hot, sweaty and bored. The 6 yr old girl was phenomenal and well the 2 yr old boy....well dont take photos of children in the terrible two stage!
CC Welcome
DSC09415.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

DSC09407.jpg

DSC09405.jpg

DSC09403.jpg

DSC09399.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

DSC09391.jpg

DSC09390.jpg

There seems to be some focus issues and most of your whites have been blown out.

#4 seems to be the most natural expression and the most pleasing pose.

I've photographed the terrible twos and I can sympathize! :)

these are cheesy and not at all professional IMO
It's not that they're cheesy, it's just that they're not well done. Professional pictures could be cheesy as hell but they look good doing it, and that is the case most of the time.

Some tips might be in order instead of just saying that they are not professional. That kind of statement doesnt help anyone.

Teresa, it will help to lift your flash off the camera and try to use some sort of surface to bounce and spread the light. If you have a reflector or a large piece of foam board, that would help some. The way the lighting is now is flat. It needs to be more directional so that it gives contour and dimension to their faces.

Also, Im not sure what kind of camera you are using, but it would help to have some sort of exposure meter. That way, you can help eliminate the blowout on the faces.

Keep trying, and thanks for sharing. :)

NJ

I have a sony cybershot DSC-H5 and so I dont have any other flash that attaches to my camera and i have 2 slave lights. i only had a 10x10 room to do it in at these peoples home and it was very cramped. I am not using that as an excuse but i even had a photographer friend (who has her own business and has been for 9 years) help me position the lights and this is the best we could do.
also, for the "cheesyness"...i dont see how they are cheesy except for the expressions but they are little kids, you are going to get cheesy out of kids.
Again, all those photos were not edited. I have the edited versions as well.

these are cheesy and not at all professional IMO

very useful comment. i think not but quite typical of some 'pro togs' ha ha

maybe add something to help and pass your 'vast' experience around.

very useful comment. i think not but quite typical of some 'pro togs' ha ha

maybe add something to help and pass your 'vast' experience around.

Still bitter I see.

Anyway, I didn't go into a lot of detail because there is just so much that needs to be fixed. I'm not trying to be mean, just being honest.

well actually i have microsoft digital image pro and now that i look at these photos, i think these are the edited ones since i couldn't get my editor to do much with them.
also, i like posting my unedited because then it helps me better edit them and then take better photos the next time.

Still bitter I see.

quote]

no not bitter at all.

you say you sell your pics and i know i sell mine.

but it does not help anyone by saying they are not professional with no back up.

what she needed was help and you just shown how up yourself you are by not offering it.

I know you are trying really hard and you think that you are being picked on, but you keep posting the same thing over and over with the same problems...so you are going to get some hard crit.

personally,i think you are trying to be something you are not...i dont mean any disrespect, we all started somewhere and the learning process goes on forever....you need to find your 'niche'....by the sounds of things and your questions, you dont seem to know much about exposure/lighting, so how can you possibly charge people or expect good feedback when you dont know the basics. Being a studio photographer is not easy...i learned very early on that it was not for me..maybe you need to try working with existing light first...maybe strictly outside? Get yourself a good book or take a course, master the basics...then go back to your makeshift studio and see how you have improved.

good luck.

i am a mother.
i a stay at home mom.
i love photography. that has always been my passion and yes, i may not be a pro at it but i want to get better so i am not being something i am not.
what i am not is a mean person. what i am not is person who sits at a desk or behind a counter all day.
if you have ever lived in texas you will know it is hard to work outdoors as you are never sure what the weather will do and a lot of dallas is hard to photograph in as there are a lot of highways, buildings or neighborhoods...i dont live in the country to find a "cute nook" to take photos in

Most reactions

New Topics

Back