Children from the past

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I always find the grave of a child to have such a strong emotion. These are a few I had stored , but never posted.

IMG_8305aaa.jpg

These two stones stand only a few feet high. There seemed to be a time in the 1950's where the types of childrens gravestones seemed to come from only one source. They all have a photograph attached to them, and all of the stones are designed pretty much the same.
IMG_8673a.jpg

The date on this stone goes back to the early 1950's. There is a small picture of the boy at the bottom. He was only 4 years old
IMG_8674aa.jpg

Last one. I blanked out the childs name and photo out of respect for him. I dont know where the flower came from, but it seemed like somebody still visits this boy today. He also passed away in the 1950's
IMG_8675a.jpg

#3, "Our Darling Son", man that is sad.

Unique stones, not seen any quite like those.

Yes, I always find children's graves so emotional too. #3 is particularly sad to me.

sad but well captured images chiller..... good work man, love the first one :thumbup:

Thank you so much everyone. One thing that I always wondered was why the children are buried away from other family members. In this cemetery and others I hang out at, there is always an "infants" section.
Must research that.

Thanks again.

Each of these seems to show a different side of an individual, especially with the contrasty black and white.

These make me too sad.

(My son's grave is much more inconspicuous, though, with a very simple stone-shaped stone only).

That is very sad. I had a similiar find awhile back, with a 50-something year-old grave that still had fresh flowers on it... I cant imagine what a death of a child would be like.. it seems so intensely sad.

some friends of ours just lost their son after only 3 weeks, trisomy13, sad knowing from birth that you have less than a month to spend with your child... great captures chiller, i really like the sc on the last one... :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your kind words everyone.
Sometimes we take for granted every day we live, but dont realize how fast that can be taken from us.
When I see these small graves, and some are still attended to today, 50 years later, it can bring out quite an emotion.

Most reactions

Back