Children photography

NiKonNoob86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, I recently came across this photographer and really like her work! Does anyone know any Lightroom presets that will give me similar results to these? Or did she just boost her contrast and whites and blacks? Any help is appreciated thanks!

Custom by Nicole Photography - Portraits

If you want "button press" enhancements, why not just upload your photos to instagram?

I'm not being a smart ass, I'm serious.

On the other hand, if you want to develop your skills, take in some photoshop tutorials on post processing, and start to develop your own methods. A little bit can go a long way. Just mastering the curves adjustment layer will work wonders for you.

hey guys, I recently came across this photographer and really like her work! Does anyone know any Lightroom presets that will give me similar results to these? Or did she just boost her contrast and whites and blacks? Any help is appreciated thanks!

I'm not sure there are any lightroom presets that can give you a long lens with a small f-stop, props, skill/technique, etc.

Awesome! Thanks guys for your help very much appreciated!

This a picture i took recently with a D600 and 70-200mm 2.8. Edit in Lightroom, my picture just doesnt seem to pop like hers. Her colors are much more vibrant and overall looks sharper than mine.

I can't seem to grab your EXIF data. Are you shooting in RAW? Did you shoot this at f/2.8? It seems like some of the babies face isn't in focus. I could be wrong though, I am still new to this. I don't know if the lens you're using is the optimal one for this sort of photography? You may be better with a 85mm 1.8 or 1.4 if you have the money xD

I hope this helped. We can wait for the pro's to tell me how wrong I am. I just wanna help :)

Steve

Hey Bluffkin. No this shot was not shot in RAW format just jpg. Shot at f/2.8. I dont own a 1.4 but I do have an 85mm 1.8 :). Ill try that out next time. Thanks for you help!

Using a D600, I recommend you shoot in RAW (Or NEF for Nikon), this gives you much greater control when using post processing your photos. You should certainly give it a go. And deffo use that 1.8!! It's what it was made for :)

Let me know how you get on.

This picture is 2:3 but the baby's face is in the center and the right half is essentially empty.
I think by cropping this to 4:5 you remove some of the dead space and place the baby's face in a better position.

Sorry, I don't see enough consistency in the processing to say she has a processing "style".

This a picture i took recently with a D600 and 70-200mm 2.8. Edit in Lightroom, my picture just doesnt seem to pop like hers. Her colors are much more vibrant and overall looks sharper than mine.

what you did ain't bad, but it doesn't look like you attempted to process it in a similar manner.

can you put a high-res, or original, somewhere I could try?

Most reactions

Back