Chill out and wait for a response.....

cgipson1 said:
Not meaning to pick on anyone, Parker... not trying to say you shouldn't do that! That is fine, if that is all you are comfortable with! But maybe in the future, dig a little deeper! See what you come up with. How is the WB off? Was it focus, movement or DOF on that OOF shot? Do the crop and post it (if they allow editing), see if it actually works! That is what I wish more people would do! lol

My comment was aimed more at those that throw around photography terms / guidelines without seeming to have a clue what they really mean!

See what you did here Charlie is go against the rule of thirds. You've got 3 lines in a paragraph then one line. It's not the rules of fourths so please adjust your paragraphs so they all fit the guidelines. ;)

Plus if I post a picture, ( keep this in the ol memory bank any one reading this ) I dont care if it is your first day being able to see out of your eyes, if you like something about my pic, say so. If you dont like something, then say what you dont like, even if you dont know how I can improve it. I can still take what you dont like and I have something to go off. I'm NOT a "10 minutes and I dont have 5 people that have given me feedback yet" kinda guy. However I do scratch my head when sometimes I have 400 plus thread views and 1 comment. Although I guess if they dont comment about if the picture is good or bad, then they might look at it and go..."meh" and move on with their life.

That's all good. The biggest reasons I ranted about this were the "What lens or camera should I buy?" threads and people getting butt hurt when they didn't get a response.

But if I'm new to TPF, I haven't made any friends yet so I don't know what's good and what's bad. Unless it has a scantily clad girl in it, of course.

...I really have a hard time giving c&c beyond "I like it" or "I don't like it".For 1,I don't feel I'm qualified to offer much beyond that,and I really don't want to send someone down the wrong path,while I myself, consider every shot I take a learning experience.For lack of a better word,it just seems hypocritical for me to say anything,if I'm not sure what I'm talking about.Trust me,I can get very opinionated if I know what I'm talking about...I LIKE TURTLES!!

cgipson1 said:
Not meaning to pick on anyone, Parker... not trying to say you shouldn't do that! That is fine, if that is all you are comfortable with! But maybe in the future, dig a little deeper! See what you come up with. How is the WB off? Was it focus, movement or DOF on that OOF shot? Do the crop and post it (if they allow editing), see if it actually works! That is what I wish more people would do! lol

My comment was aimed more at those that throw around photography terms / guidelines without seeming to have a clue what they really mean!

See what you did here Charlie is go against the rule of thirds. You've got 3 lines in a paragraph then one line. It's not the rules of fourths so please adjust your paragraphs so they all fit the guidelines. ;)

I'm Special! I don't have to follow the stupid Douchey Rules! And Yes... I won trophies too! lol!

...I really have a hard time giving c&c beyond "I like it" or "I don't like it".For 1,I don't feel I'm qualified to offer much beyond that,and I really don't want to send someone down the wrong path,while I myself, consider every shot I take a learning experience.For lack of a better word,it just seems hypocritical for me to say anything,if I'm not sure what I'm talking about.Trust me,I can get very opinionated if I know what I'm talking about...I LIKE TURTLES!!

Turtles ARE GOOD! Any C&C is better than nothing... nothing wrong with just "I like it" or whatever! But as you learn, use that knowledge in your C&C... and you will learn even more from comments to your comment. (And I know you you have been learning just from listening to you!)

I think of forums kind of like a party or similar gathering. A post without any response, is like a joke or a story that nobody laughed at. Maybe nobody heard it, but (for me) odds are it just fell flat. Learn from it. Move on.

That being said, I do like to contribute because it is nice to see there's warm body somewhere willing to say something they thought about what you posted.

Most of my comments are shallow on the critique part, since I need to put in the hours of applying everything I've read and read to be qualified to say more. So I post less than I might, but it still might be too much for all the substance I'm adding. Maybe I should change my signature to, "I'm still wearing training wheels, but FWIW..." and go to town.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back