Chimping...

I'm assuming that chimping has something to do with taking pictures of people looking at camera's?

According to Wiki:

Chimping is a term used in digital photography (especially when using a digital single-lens reflex camera or DSLR) to describe the habit of checking every photo on the on-camera display (LCD) immediately after capture. Usage varies depending on context and the person using it, but common uses include:
  • when a photographer’s sounds and actions of reviewing frames on-scene appear similar to the actions of an excited monkey. (Oooh! Oooh! Aaah!)
  • when a photographer is completely absorbed in the act of admiring a photo or proudly showing it off to others.
  • by experienced photographers to describe the actions of "wannabe" photographers.
Having several digital photographers together will result in group chimping either during or after the event they are shooting. This is similar to actual chimpanzee grooming, which is a social activity.

Chimping is when you take a picture then stare at the LCD making faces like a chimp.. oooh.. oooh... :lol:

Those are some good 'uns.

Edit - great minds Rob... ;)

phew...... for a moment there i thought it was some kind of perving.... you know like dogging.... but now i understand..... i have been enlightened :mrgreen:

Dude, Taking pictures of drunken barflies and club goers makes chimping a regular thing for me.

I'm gonna take a whole set of these at the next club I go too. Ha.

Haha..this many responses, and NO ONE has admitted to it?

I'm a chimper, and I didn't know it (til this thread). :p

Most reactions

Back