China, Beijing - Summer Palace In Winter

nick_inthesurf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
#1 - Winter Love - I didnt know these people and kinda snuck up on them to take this shot, i just thought it was really nice and cute so just took the photo and ran.

China-Bench.jpg

#2 - Frozen Boats - As with all of my shots in this thread, only natural lighting was used so it created the silhouette*effect of the tree branches and the three people. The lake had frozen over so the boats were stuck.

China-boats.jpg

#3 - Again just a sunset shot with the golden light reflecting on the sheet of ice.

China-bridge.jpg

#4 - The same bridge but from closer and with the sun now annoyingly just off centre.

China-Bridge2.jpg

#5 - Dragon - Cant really see the dragon properly but if you want to you can adjust your moniter to see it. Didnt turn out as good as i wanted.

China-dragon.jpg

#6 - James - One of the guys that came on the trip with me. It was really cool. Being that we were and still are all 16, our parents flew us over there to stay at one of our friends house who lives in Sydney but comes from Shanghai and whos father still lives over there. We didnt have any rules or guidlines or parent supervision, and because were all white (except for the guy that invited us over) they all thought we were much older than we really were, allowing for some fun times. But we were all pretty mature about it and everything and didnt do too much "naughty" stuff.

China-James.jpg

#7 - closer to the bridge once again with the same silhouette*tree effect.

China-water.jpg

Hope you like them, and feel free to edit them or whatever and post them. :thumbup:

Ahh, so you're into your silhouettes then? :mrgreen:
You've got an eye for them. They've come out well and that sun is something special.
I like 1, 2 and 7 the most. I like the tree branches. The fine, gentle detail of them goes well with the mist.
The first one is good for obvious reasons.

very good,I like them

Most reactions

Back