Chinese garden

Tantalus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited a local chinese garden over the weekend. Hope you enjoy these. :)

_MG_0156.jpg

_MG_0162.jpg

_MG_0168.jpg

_MG_0175.jpg

_MG_0183.jpg

_MG_0192.jpg

_MG_0202.jpg

The colours in 5 are smashing ... have you increased them a bit?

My favourite is 2.
I am a sucker for backlit leaves and flowers so this tree in the foreground with its yellow leaves so nicely lit from behind just does it to me as a frame to the entire scene, along with the leaves at the bottom, those of the water lilies and those of the tree above those water lilies. I just like the composition and (!) lighting here!

#5 & 6 are very nice. The color in all of them is fantastic, as is the depth of field.

OoOoOo! The pictures just get better the farther down you scroll. The last one is my favorite! Nice color.. can I have one of those installed in my back yard? I guess I would have to have a back yard to start with wouldn't I? Meh.. details...

excellent series

LaFoto said:
The colours in 5 are smashing ... have you increased them a bit?

My favourite is 2.
I am a sucker for backlit leaves and flowers so this tree in the foreground with its yellow leaves so nicely lit from behind just does it to me as a frame to the entire scene, along with the leaves at the bottom, those of the water lilies and those of the tree above those water lilies. I just like the composition and (!) lighting here!
Yes I increased the saturation for 5 as well as all the others. I take pictures in raw. 2 is one of my favorite too, glad you like.

karissa said:
OoOoOo! The pictures just get better the farther down you scroll. The last one is my favorite! Nice color.. can I have one of those installed in my back yard? I guess I would have to have a back yard to start with wouldn't I? Meh.. details...
:lol: I wish my little backyard can be this nice too, as of now it's where my dogs do their business.

Stunning.
Reminds me very much of the Chinese garden I visited while I was in Vancouver last month. I'd actually say I'm 90% sure it's the same place :D
Brought out the beauty of it really well.
I didn't take any pictures the day I went.

gizmo2071 said:
Stunning.
Reminds me very much of the Chinese garden I visited while I was in Vancouver last month. I'd actually say I'm 90% sure it's the same place :D
Brought out the beauty of it really well.
I didn't take any pictures the day I went.
Yep Vancouver's where I live and this is the only chinese garden here. :)

Your comps are very good, enjoyed all the pictures. I especially like #1 and #5, good use of foreground . The rock points directly to the building in #5, not only a good picture but I think it would make a wonderful painting also

nice series, i enjoyed the colors, reflections, architecture and your comps... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back