chinese lantern festival

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these last night. yes, i don't have a tripod so most of these suffer from 'soft focus'.

some of them are kinda of interesting but no real award winners. It would be cool to get your thoughts:

lantern1.jpg

lantern2.jpg

lantern3.jpg

fish1.jpg

merry2.jpg

this turned out a bit spooky, a blooper, but an interesting one nonetheless:
weird.jpg

night ending with some chinese kareoke. They actually had some real talent though i couldn't understand a bloody word they were singing:

kareoke1.jpg

kareoke.jpg

The last shot is my fav - I like the clouds, the way the stage is lit, and that the photo is taken from behind, and is a sharp, clear image. I also like the fish shot (my 2nd fav) - the reflections off the water are pretty cool. Of the first three lantern shots, I rather fond of the second - but don't know why... maybe because I'm not distracted by clouds in that shot. Enjoyed them all really - thanks.

Really like the first four with the fourth one being favorite.
I guess the local plonk was taking effect on some of the last ones huh?

The fish and lotus blossom... beautiful! On the first one, I like the synergy. The wind is evident by the obvious motion of the tassels. In the sixth one I really like the fire-like imagery. Very mysterious and sensual. They are all a visual treat, vonnagy. I enjoyed viewing every one of them.

That is a good job holding the camera fairly steady in the first couple of shots. ("Take a deep breath and put your elbows into your chest") Personally I like frames 5 and 6. The motion seems to make the subjects come alive. Everyone knows that it is all about breaking the rules. If it wasn't for commercial work, I would make a boat anchor out of my tripod. If I was to be critical I would ask; why are we looking at the performers back in 7 and 8?

Most reactions

Back