Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Believe it or not, a really crappy rainy day. All of the grass is PSed in:
slideshow01.jpg

2. Another view of above
slideshow02.jpg

3. The beautiful bride:
slideshow07.jpg

4. Cantonese tradition dictates the bride's "suitor" must bring his men to the bride's family's house to perform challenges to be allowed to be married to the beauty. The groom in this photo is walking to the brides home with his men. (He has the red kilt-his family's tartan)
slideshow09.jpg

5. As stated above, the groom must perform challenges made by the bride's elder sisters. If he is unable to do the challenges, (and all are impossible), he must give higher and higher gifts of money until the elder sisters accept the offer.
Here is the 6'5'groom trying to jump with a short rope.....in a kilt.
slideshow11.jpg

6. Once the grooms challenge is accepted, he is allowed to take the bride from her home to the place of the ceremony. Which in this case is a castle. A blue print of both by the chapel doors.
slideshow21.jpg

7. The bride takes a twirl in the foyer:
slideshow26.jpg

8. A bagpipe player leads the the bride and groom from the chapel:
slideshow45.jpg

9.Chinese tea ceremony. Bride and groom must stay seated while offering tea to their elders, who in exchange to show their approval, offer gifts to the bride and groom.
slideshow57.jpg

10. The bride puts on her traditional Chinese gown for the reception and enjoys a dance with her new husband.
slideshow86.jpg

11. The doors open to the castle as the party draws to a close, and the celebrants begin to leave.
slideshow90.jpg

Ohhhh, what an interesting series! Love the commentary. And my fave pic of the series is #6. I sooo look forward to your posts

Wonderful series! Where was the location?

This is so beautiful! The series, the captions, colors, clarity... on and on and on! My favorite is the last though I truly love them all!

Great seriesof pics, of what looks like it was a fantastic blend of cultures!

But where were the claymores? (No, not the kind that go "boom")...

;-)

Great series:) As mentioned before, I love how they blended both of their cultures into the ceremony. Great job:) btw, where was this castle?

What a wonderful series of photos. You captured their day briliantly and #4, 5 and 7 are real stand outs to me, but the story that you have told in this series stands stong. Beautifully done, Cindy!

Thank you so much you guys. It was my most fun wedding to date!
The castle is Castle Douglas in Rockwall, TX. It's a real live castle too. :)
Seems this retired couple always wanted to live in a castle so they built one. Occassionally, the rent it out for parties. :)

good job with the sky and grass ps work too

Most reactions

Back