Chinook

Terri Walsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I woke up this morning I noticed a Chinook was rolling in. I took a quick snap from my window, then I quickly grabbed my camera and ran out to get a few photos.
1. From window
chinook.jpg

2. Pano.
chinookrollingct.jpg

Not sure about that line across it. Obviously and exposure thing. Any suggestions on how to avoid or even fix that? What about the size? too long?
I am not as happy as I would like to have been with them, so CC definately welcome!

after further review I think maybe I either should not have cropped the last photo or crop differently...
chinookrolling.jpg

Anyone have a comment??????????

Ah...the old Calgary Chinook winds. :D

On the Pano, you could probably crop lower, the clouds at the top aren't really adding much...besides a lot of grey space.

As for the line...it looks like maybe your exposure was different for the two images. When shooting a pano, you need to lock your exposure (put the camera into manual mode).

I opened this expecting to see some pics of a fish or a helicopter....lol

Good shots!

I opened this expecting to see some pics of a fish or a helicopter....lol

Good shots!

LOL, I was expecting someone from an Indian tribe. I was like, "What the hell am I looking at?"

I forgot that not alot of people know what a chinook is. As I did not until I moved here!

I like both shots. Looks alot like where I live, except w/o the mountains. I agree that #1 needs to have some of the upper sky cropped to just above the cloud features. #2 is excellent, and would be absolutely phenomenal w/o the exposure difference.

Great work!!!!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back