Chomp-chomp-chomp!! (WERNANG! A lil blood)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally! I captured a gator chomping on something. I kinda wish it had been a turtle instead of a suckerfish but wildlife photographers can't be picky.
*Don't forget to zoom in, looks better.
11142197-studio.jpg

11142204-studio.jpg

11142205-studio-studio.jpg

11142210-studio.jpg

11142215-studio.jpg

11142217-studio.jpg

11142236-studio.jpg

Nice set! Looks like he got himself some catfish. He must have a cast-iron stomach, because those spines in the dorsal and pectorals are pretty dang sharp.

That was just a snack for that big fellow. Nice set.

Good series, well composed and looks like you've been spotted in the last. You could be next.:hopelessness:

I'm not sure who is biting who in #3. great series, love them all.

Nice set! Looks like he got himself some catfish. He must have a cast-iron stomach, because those spines in the dorsal and pectorals are pretty dang sharp.
Thanks, Jeff. Yeah, it's a suckermouth catfish and notice how it juggled it in it's mouth to make sure the spines were pointing backwards. (headfirst) before swallowing it. It tossed it around like that for about 10 seconds until it got it positioned just right. Cast iron stomachs indeed! You know, I've seen great blue herons do the same thing with these fish, I guess mother nature built their guts for it.

Great action set, Kirk. I can hear him thinking in that last one.... "And that is how it's done!"

Thanks, Dean.

Thanks, Scott, and yes, it was just a snack.

Thanks, mate. I coat myself with ghost chili pepper sauce before I get around gators so that they spit me out, ha!
I love ghost peppers. There's a company in Austin called Feast & Fury that makes a smoky ghost pepper chip that is awesome! 🔥🔥🔥

Im so glad we don't have those over here- cracking shot though

Les :)

Great shots!

Most reactions

Back