Choosing Lenses

Branden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In my earlier posts I had mentioned film cameras. I never got anything. Yea, sorry. It simply made no sense for me to spend a fortune on film equipment that would quickly be replaced; at least that was the impression most gave as I talked to more professionals. The general recommendation from the majority of them has been for me to buy a good entry to mid-level DSLR. Then I should spend the rest of my money on high quality lenses. I have been doing a lot of research with online resources. I want to buy at least one to two lenses for a start. I also plan to use these lenses for up close cinematography. Zeiss would seem to be a good choice. I am not so sure of that. I want to be able to use them on future FX camera bodies. How much do I want to spend you ask? I have a budget of $1700 for lenses. I am more than willing to buy just one for now if that means having a higher quality lens. A 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Nikkor ED-IF Lens is simply out my league at moment. I am stuck between a 50mm through 100mm prime lenses. I know the lenses will behave differently on a APS-C sensor DSLR. I might go all out and treat myself to a full-frame DSLR before it is over with. lol

Last edited:
You said it! ;)

Most reactions

Back